Friday, February 26, 2010

My favorite BEEF cookbook!

Texas Cowboy Cooking by Tom Perini  is my all time favorite cookbook!  Tom Perini is a famous Cowboy Cook and owner of the Perini Ranch Steakhouse in the big metropolis of Buffalo Gap, TX.  On top of being a great cookbook, it has a host of stories and photos of ranch cowboy life and chuckwagon cooks.

Great chili, several stew variations, simple instructions on cooking a great steak, biscuits, cornbread, appetizers, on and on ..... and it makes a great countertop ornament to boot!  If you are a camper/campfire cook, you'll love that this book caters to dutch oven cooking!

Heck, if Robert Duvall has this to say, you can't go wrong: “I wish I’d had Tom along when I was filming Lonesome Dove, because his is kind of food that my character ate on the cattle drive – wholesome, authentic, delicious food that can be cooked in one pot.” - Robert Duvall

No comments:

Post a Comment